The Taiwanese lineup for the Osaka Asian Film Festival, which will open with Taiwanese baseball flick 'Kano' and run fromMarch 7 to16, includes:
- "A Minute More” (只要一分鐘) by director Chen Wei-ling (陳慧翎), a remake of the heart-touching tale of a dog's long wait for its master's return, featuring Taiwanese actor Peter Ho (何潤東) and Japanese actress Reina Ikehata;
- "Sweet Alibis” (甜蜜殺機), a police comedy by director Lien Yi-chi (連奕琦) with Taiwanese singer Ariel Lin (林依晨) and actor Matt Wu (吳中天);
- "Ice Poison” (冰毒) by director Midi Z (趙德胤), a documentary-like thriller on the dangers of the drug trade in southeast Asia;
- "Battle Spirit” (戰酒) by director Peter Tang (唐振瑜), an 80-minute documentary on Taiwan Strait tensions told through the eyes of the liquor distillery industry on the outlying isle of Kinmen;
- 'Beyond Beauty: Taiwan from Above' (看見台灣), an environmental-themed documentary filmed from an aerial view by director Chi Po-lin (齊柏林).
The 2013 Taiwanese thriller "Soul” (失魂) will also debut in the Kansai segment of the film festival, while four other joint productions between Taiwan and Japan will air in another special program in Osaka.
Ticketing information and more can be found here.