The Emerald Initiative is an international grants program aimed at fostering closer cultural engagement among Taiwan and Southeast Asian nations. Under this initiative, the Ministry of Culture will offer up to NT$500,000 per project for Southeast Asian artists and experts to stay in Taiwan for up to six months to:
- Engage in activities such as curation, performance, writing and filmmaking;
- Conduct research in areas such as field work, cultural preservation and asset restoration;
- Participate in community development, reporting, interviews or other civil activities.
Please note that:
- The phrase "Southeast Asian nations” as used by the Ministry's Emerald Initiative specifies the following nations: Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, the Philippines, Brunei, Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia.
- Grant applicants must be domestic legal persons or civil groups registered in accordance with the laws of the Republic of China.
- Application packages will not be returned regardless of the funding decision; applicants are not to request their return.
Proposals will be accepted throughDec. 27for projects that arrange for Southeast Asian personnel to visit Taiwan for meaningful and collaborative cultural exchanges from Feb. 1 through Nov. 20, 2014. Application forms and guidelines can be found here. Please direct your queries by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org call (+886) 02-2343-4134.
- No proposal will be accepted after Dec. 27, 2013.
- Proposed visit must take place between Feb. 1 and Nov. 20, 2014.