The Ministry of Culture is looking to assist Taiwanese artists in joining New York Comic-Con this year. All candidates who have applied independently and won inclusion to the "Artist Alley" program of the October comic fair will be eligible for stipends from the Taipei Cultural Center in New York.
1. Apply for the "Artist Alley" program of the 2020 New York Comic-Con and get in touch with the Taipei Cultural Center in New York: https://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/Industry-Info/Artist-Alley-Table-Request-2020/
- Application deadline – June 5, 2020.
- Acceptance notice – June 19, 2020.
- Complete paperwork – July 31, 2020.
2. Confirm inclusion to the "Artist Alley" program and discuss travel arrangements with the Taipei Cultural Center in New York: https://ny.us.taiwan.culture.tw/ch/information_106_110105.html
3. Scope of agreement shall include:
(1) Two New York Comic-Con passes, US$525 in application fees, one six-foot-long table.
(2) Each artist may bring one administrative staff, and both will be entitled to:
- A US$1,500 round-trip flight (economy class) from Taipei to New York.
- A US$1,632.4 stipend that can be used for lodgings, food, and travel for the six-day stay in New York from Oct. 7 to 12, 2020.
(3) A US$1,000 fee offered for costs relating to booth design and promotional materials.
(4) The artist is asked to attend press conferences and other publicity campaigns organized by the center.
(5) The artist is asked to submit report and reimbursement documents within a month after the comic fair.
Application details available here: 「2020紐約動漫展」報名須知.doc